Golden State Warriors Forum - Warriorsworld: Warriors Forum

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]
Welcome Mr. Travis Bader to your Golden State Warriors
User account number (aid):
936 Site Supporter
Posted by Steven on 2014-06-27 13:36:47

6'5" wing, most prolific 3 point shooter in NCAA Division 1 history. 20.6 PPG, 41% 3P, 94% FT on an impressive 5.0-5.4 FTM/FTA per game. Dude took 11 3's per game, and on average made 4.5 3's per game.

---

He had choices about which team he wanted to join for the NBA summer leagues, opting to join the Philadelphia 76ers in the Orlando league (July 5-11) and the Golden State Warriors in Las Vegas (July 11-21).

“It’s all about opportunity and rosters and how much playing time you might get,” Bader said. “It was long night talking to my agent (about) if it would be a fit.”

Bader and his agent weighed the options and bantered back and forth until nearly 2 a.m., when everything was finalized.

Then Bader spent awhile chatting with his father about the next opportunity in his basketball career. He finally lay down around 3:30 a.m.

Golden State was one of the most appealing teams to Bader as he ran through his 11 predraft workouts, and the feeling was mutual.

“Golden State, I went off my vibe. That was the one I had the best feeling,” Bader said. “The coaches and GMs; the same thing with my agent. They called him every three days since I worked out for them, and their assistant GM called right after the workout.”

Though Golden State has had great success with shooters Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, Bader doesn’t think their bench has someone like that. He can fit the bill.

Thread:

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]