Golden State Warriors Forum - Warriorsworld: Warriors Forum

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]
Reason I do the trade now instead of waiting for the summer
User account number (aid):
558 Site Supporter
Posted by willy d on 2013-02-20 01:28:29

Mainly, my opinion is you pull the trigger whenever this is available for you.

A lot can happen between now and the offseason. Nobody is really in a position to need Gordon right now. So both his demand and value are at all-time lows.

Deals like this don't come around often, but they do come around, and when you have a chance at one you gotta take it.

I also think this team needs a full training camp together. And it would be nice to get a decent 2nd half to build momentum for that, instead of having training camp again be a place where new starters are getting together for the first time.

I believe it has legs. But I think it comes down to luxury tax. Gordon isn't gonna make enough of a difference where we put that up.

I think we use this all as a win/win way for us to get him and get under the tax all in one deal. And sure, I hope that happens. It also seems like a good deal for the, hehe... Pelicans. Klay is exactly the type of player they need. And Gordon isn't working out there.

Forgive me if I don't hold my breath though. We've had approximately 5 good months of basketball around here in the past two decades.

Thread:

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]