Golden State Warriors Forum - Warriorsworld: Warriors Forum

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]
ESPN: Why Warriors are likely to stand pat
User account number (aid):
Posted by AllWeatherFan on 2013-02-13 00:19:44

Bob Myers spoke to a few reporters prior to Tuesday's game against Houston and the Warriors general manager sounds like he won't make a trade by the Feb. 21 deadline.

"We would like to take a longer look at our core, but, with that being said, we're always looking," Myers told the San Francisco Chronicle. "We haven't been able to view this team healthy for even 20 games, let alone a season, so we'd like to exercise some patience."

The Warriors currently have a full 15-man roster and sit about $1.22 million above the luxury tax.

"From our perspective, I think people view us as a team that would want to see it develop and grow and is relatively youthful," Myers said. "I don't think the league views us as a team that is looking to do things (in the trade market). I don't get that sense."

Myers may have it easy dealing with the trade deadline, but the offseason will be different as he has to retain Jarrett Jack and Carl Landry, who will be a free agent if he declines his 2013-14 $4 million player option. This could be difficult as giving both those players bigger deals will push the Warriors into the luxury tax again next season.

Thread:

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]