Golden State Warriors Forum - Warriorsworld: Warriors Forum

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]
I know this is somewhat of a difficult question, but realistically speaking....
User account number (aid):
Posted by Don Nelson's Chocolate Cake on 2013-01-15 11:39:15

...what is the Warriors' (as a team) ceiling? Most people don't expect us to win the title this year (and probably rightfully so) and would be content with even just a playoff appearance. But as we've seen in the NBA, the teams that win the title ALWAYS have a top 10-15 player leading them. The one team that gets thrown out there a lot, with regards to teams that "didn't have a superstar", are the 2004 Pistons, who actually had a top 10 player in Ben Wallace and not to mention 3 other All-Stars in Sheed, Billups, and Rip. The more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that we'll just become the Western version of the Atlanta Hawks because the West is just that tough. After exceeding pretty much everyone's expectations this far, I really don't want to put a limit on this team, but unless Curry really emerges into a superstar, I have my doubts...it's also why, despite everything, if the Lakers manage to sneak into the playoffs somehow, I still wouldn't count them out of the title race.

----------------------------------------------

Joe and Kirk Lacob enjoying a nice day at the park.

Thread:

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]