User account number (aid):
Posted by U-Trains #116 on 2013-01-10 02:09:43

Granger's future with the Pacers
9:50AM ET
Danny Granger | Pacers

Recommend0
Comments0
Email

Paul George has played well at small forward this season for the Indiana Pacers and he's currently averaging 16.7 points, 7.4 rebounds and 2.7 assists.

During his weekly chat on Wednesday, ESPN.com's Chad Ford was asked how to best use Danny Granger when he returns from his knee injury without halting George's progress.

Ford responded: "I fully expect that by the start of next season Granger will be wearing a different jersey. The challenge right now is how to bring him back, prove to teams he's still a pseudo-All-Star so that his trade value is high, and not disrupt what's happening in Indy. George is the future of the franchise and Granger's absence has given him the opportunity to emerge. They can't mess with that. But they don't want to sell Granger for pennies on the dollar. Lots of veteran teams would be interested in him if they are comfortable that he can stay healthy. Look for Golden State, Toronto, Houston, Dallas to all pursue."

Granger is expected to play his first game this season in late January or early February.

Granger has one more season on his contract and after making $13.05 million in 2012-13, he is on the books for $14.02 million in 2-12-14.

"Nobody does that kind of stuff," Myers said. "I think he's grabbed onto that identity. It's huge that he embraces it, because we need it. Every team needs it. I can tell you that any team in the NBA would love to have him, because all he does is help you win."

Thread:

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]