[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]
Re: claiming the warriors are only marginal and overrated is you covering your ass...
User account number (aid):
Posted by JamesKrygan on 2013-01-02 06:35:41

In Reply to: claiming the warriors are only marginal and overrated is you covering your ass... posted by gogswarriors on 2013-01-02 06:26:17

I didn't expect them to be 21-10. I thought that even if they win 44-48 games, they'd probably start off slow and build momentum.

As far as what I've seen, I don't think there's anything flukey about it. They are a sharpshooting team and Lee/Landry provide an interior dimension to the offense. The defense is solid, and the depth is very good too. Outside of the really top tier teams, they can play with anyone on a nightly basis during the regular season. They have me convinced of that.

My concern would be with how they perform in a 7 game series. When the defensive intensity ratchets up, will they get those open perimeter looks that they're getting now? How do they soften up the defense if they're not getting those open looks? And I know I'll get flamed for this, but I think in a series where opposing coaches can lay out a game plan, they will look to attack Curry both defensively and also press him to make decisions when he has the ball on offense. How does Mark Jackson and Crew counter that?

Thread:

You must be registered and logged in to post. Please select an option:

Login with existing account
Create a new account

[ Thread ] [ Post Followup ] [ Search Forums ] [ Warriors Forum ]